Thursday, June 7, 2018

How I learned the Trick to Get Free Stuff

Everyone likes to get free stuff. But these days all you can get for free are useless junks. Branded products are never available for free. Or so I thought.

A few days back, I went to see my friend Lena. She is the most practical person I have come across. She rarely wastes money on showy stuff, repeats her dresses, and seldom dines out. She also gives me good advice on financial and practical matters. So, when I saw her using a rather expensive brand of candles, I thought she strayed from her own principles. As I pointed that out to her, she gave a hearty laugh and told me, “A day might come when she goes off the path, but today is not that day.”  (She has a  penchant for drama.)

Later she explained that she has registered to a number of consumer testing panels that lets you use branded products for free in lieu of your review. She also told me that a number of companies have these testing panels in an attempt to test their market before the big launch of a product. All they ask for is either an honest review or a social promotion in the form of sharing your experience.

My sister also told me that consumer testing panels are not only done by luxury goods manufacturers. A number of other businesses also do the same. In fact, she told me that she has so far tested a coat, a toothpaste, a lipstick, a hair care product, a foot cream and even a condiment. She has heard of testing panels for shoes and even gadgets.

I was a little sceptical about the gadget one. So I looked online. There really are a few sites that are giving gadgets like TV or phone. All you have to do is to test the gadgets, review them and send them reports and the phone or TV will be yours to keep. There are are a few free prizes UK websites that give you a chance to test and review iPhone X, LED TV and the latest gadgets from the android world. All you have to do is to register to the website, give your details so that they know your demographic, and select your preferences (phone, TV, etc.). And if you qualify, you will get the invites from them.

Needless to say,I have already registered to different consumer testing panels since I came back from Lena's. It is really going to be a great experience if I get invites from any of them. I hope I meet the criteria of the phone one. Then I can brag to my sister about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment